Censydiam was founded in 1987 by Jan Callebaut and Hendrik Hendrickx. Censydiam has grown to become international in scope, with a host of regional market research bureaus specialised in how consumers attempt to maximise their satisfaction by buying products and services.
Censydiam believes that it is critical to know and understand why consumers feel and act the way they do, but this is very complex and difficult. Censydiam's Model for Strategic Psychodynamic Mapping utilises individual in-depth interviews and extended group sessions applying psychodynamic projective and analytical techniques to develop:
- The motivational frame of reference for context and structure.
- Understanding of the fundamental psychological need to be satisfied.
- The visualisation of the motivational segments and analysis of their diagnostic characteristics, e.g. personal profile, aspirations, ideals, brand/product personalities and qualities, choices, and behaviours.
- Basic expectations and motivations toward brands/products.
- The visualisation of the brand(s)/product(s) as well as competitors within the motivational frame of reference map.
- The strengths and weaknesses of current positionings (vis-a-vis consumers, products, and brands) within the context of the market.